Write A Killer Mystery - Foundation is an introductory course for first-time writers with everything you need to know to write a complete mystery novel.
It’s a straightforward easy-to-follow guide that will take all the guesswork out of how to write your book and get your author career off to a confident start.
(Suitable for beginner to intermediate level mystery writers.)
I've been helping hundreds of writers of screenplays and stories since 2007 as The Story Bodyguard. These stories covered the spectrum from science fiction to adventure to
But, my favorite writing genre is mysteries.
When I published my mysteries. Two things happened.
I designed this course to help you get the same results. There are many courses out there on novel writing. The mystery genre has specific tropes and reader requirements.
See you soon in Write A Killer Mystery.
The scope of this course is laser-focused on one thing and one thing only: making sure you master the art and craft of writing a great mystery.
What You Will Learn
- Take your idea from concept to story.
- Create a super sleuth that readers will love.
- Master the secrets of all the suspects, including the villain.
- Research details that bring your story to life.
- Use your story idea to plan your mystery.
- Write your story scene by scene, but not necessarily in order.
- Hide clues in clever ways to keep readers guessing.
- Revise your draft for polish
Frequently Asked Questions
IS WRITING A KILLER MYSTERY RIGHT FOR YOU?
Take this course if …
- You love reading mysteries and you secretly want to write one, but don’t know how.
- You’ve started writing a mystery but got stuck.
- You love your characters but don’t yet feel they’ve come fully to life.
- You have no idea how to create a plot.
- You want to feel confident about your mystery story.
- You’re not sure how to get the balance between hiding clues and showing evidence
- You are new to writing and mysteries are your favorite genre.
"I love your class. I'm so glad I found it! I've taken classes before, but they all focus on the same thing."
- Lora Lewis, Student Writer
Get started now!
"She will help you get to your highest creative potential. Go for it."
- Nicolas Simonin, Writer/ Director, Derailed Entertainment
"She's really knows her writing. She knows her stuff!"
- B. Adam Richardson, Detective, Law Enforcement Technical Adviser, Host Writer's Detective Bureau, Student
HOW MUCH WILL YOU INVEST?
You could spend a ton of time online and reading craft books to figure all this out on your own (I spent a good three months doing the necessary research and curriculum design to create this course).
Or, you could hire a consultant to coach you on the same material, which would cost close to $2,000 (I know, since that's what I would have to charge for my time). But the full Write A Killer Mystery course will cost you a fraction of that expense, and take you far less time.
Get the shortcuts to writing well the first time.